Babis Pilarinos was born on 1966 in Zante, a Greek island in Ionian see.
He studied Physics at the University of Patras in the years 1984-89, painting from 1996 to 1998 at the art School “Zografeio Iconon”(Headmaster Demetris Hatziapostolou) and seminar in fresco technique at Athens University (Headmaster George Kordis, adviser Mihai Coman-2007).
His professional activity is painting of (holy) icons and churches (St.Stefanos in Athens Metamorfosi,church of Arhageli and St.Nickolas at Janina), landscape paintings, illustration of folktales books. He teaches Byzantine iconography in the form of seminars and courses in Athens, Zakynthos and Paris. He also teaches in the Austrian Summer Academy Sommerakademie Griechenland (SOAK) http://www.sommerakademie.at/. He is a member of the “Greek Chamber of Fine Arts” and the Greek-French group of artists “Naute”.
• 2001 in Zakynthos museum
• 2005 “Zante old landscapes” town art gallery of Municipality of Zakynthos
• 2008 “The celebration” Periplous publications Athens
• 2010 “Outstretched clothes” in “Atelier Pilarinos” Athens.
• 2012 “Paradise now” “Gallery Rivoly 59” Paris 75001 59 Rue Rivoli FRANCE
Curators & Coordinators: Marie Deparis-Yafil
• 2013 “Summertime” at Desmos gallery, Paris
• 2014 “Glade” at “Atelier Pilarinos” in Athens, Metropolis Square 11
• 2015 together with Angeliki Loi and Giorgos Saltaferos in Galeire Anixis www.anixis.ch in Baden, Switzerland
•August 2015 only for one night at the Church yard of Agios Spyridonas in Argasi Zante
•January 2017 Paris “Secret landscapes” “Melkert gallery”
•May 2017 Athens “Secret landscapes” at Atelier Pilarinos
•August 2017 Zakynthos “Secret landscapes”for a night at the Vardiola of Planos
•May 2019 Athens “Butterfly on the balcony” at Atelier Pilarinos
•August 2019 Zakynthos “Butterfly on the balcony” for a night in the yard of the Holy Monastery of Panagia Dermatoussa in Tragaki
In April 2019 he participates in the international conference held at the Orthodox Academy of Crete in Kolymbari, Chania on “Is tradition binding for the continuation of iconographic ecclesiastical art?”, Entitled “Renewing ecclesiastical painting in Greece today”. www.oac.gr
You can see the suggestion in Greek here
Team exhibitions inland:
• In 1999 Exhibition of Hellenic hagiographers in the art-gallery of Municipality of Philothei.
• In 2000 and 2002-Pieridis Art –gallery and town art gallery of Municipality of Salonica.1st and 2nd International Exhibition of Modern Orthodox Iconography “Art of Icons”
• In 2001 Book lodge. Hagiography team exhibition “stoa vivliou”)
• In 2003 Hagiography exhibition in the art-gallery in Municipality of Hymettus.
• In 2004 and 2007 Exhibition of contemporary hagiographers Centre of plastic arts “G.Karidis”.
• In 2006 art gallery IANOS
• In 2008 Zappion Megaron Panipirotiki exhibition
• In 2008 Political landscapes / contemporary landscapes Hraklion Crete May Basilica St.Marcus
• In 2009 in Agios Nikolaos Crete “One modern icon,thousands of symbols”
Team exhibitions abroad:
• In 2002 Hellenic hagiographers exhibition at the centre of Slav studies in Moscow
• In 2008 Strasbourg Gallery of the Hotel du Departementdu Bas – Rhin Strasbourg.